Friday, January 9, 2009

12 O'Clock and all is well...but are all awake?

Well, we rang in the New Years in out typical style--asleep (sort of).

I had some hats and blowers but only let the kids blow on them for about 5 minutes around 10 pm then I put them away. I had thought earlier about buying the paper strips and confetti for them to throw around but am glad I didn't as I decided I didn't really want to clean up that on top of everything else.

I think Mark was to sleep first, and I can't remember who next out of the kids (probably Talmage although he did want to stay awake).

I was debating whether I should turn on the tv and watch the ball drop--I didn't. Mark got up to get a drink about 10 minutes before midnight and went back to bed and then the cannon started going off about 4 minutes early. I told Mark it was early (they have a portable cannon thing --so technical :) --)that they drive around town setting it off for New Years and July 24th. The early one was really loud and near us, the others not so.

No comments: