Friday, January 9, 2009

God Bless Us Everyone

Christmas was very nice and good and small this year. We keep talking about simplifying our life and getting back to what you need not what you want (although a few wants now and again are ok and nice). I do have a hard time with it when it comes to actually getting the Christmas gifts together and I have to be very careful not to go over board.
I also got the annual picture of the kids in nice clothes in front of the Christmas tree; however, I don't think I have one picture where both kids are smiling nicely and looking normal--one or the other is making a face or something.
This year the kids didn't most of the decorating of the tree (I did the lights and Mark tweaked an ornament here or there).
All in all it was wonderful and we loved it and the kids wanted the lights on all the time. Bethany loved when we would drive around at night and see all the houses lit up with lights; she would get so excited.
Just before New Years Talmage was asking me when I was going to get it put up (I guess I'm too slow for him). Bethany didn't want the tree to come down at all--although it had been down for about 12-14 hours before she noticed it was gone.

No comments: