Thursday, April 2, 2009

The End of the Fairytale

Well, Talmage has been asking a lot of questions lately (actually started sometime be Christmas)...and now hes been asking me all sorts of questions about the Tooth Fairy and parents lieing to their kids and parents giving money for their teeth.
I kept trying to get around it without lieing to him, and I wanted to talk to Mark; but Talmage kept asking me if parents give the kids money "Some parents do." did I? "I bought your first tooth remember?". He just wouldn't give up and then finally told me that he had talked to his dad but he couldn't tell me (Mark said he never told him that he couldn't tell me, but that he did tell Talmage the truth because he didn't want to lie to him). Finally Talmage told me that Mark had told him we did give him the money, so I said yes that was true. Then I told him, "of course you know that now you know there is no Tooth Fairy there won't be any more money."
I'm afraid that come Christmas he won't believe in Santa Clause anymore. Of course I still believe!!!
I have advised him not to tell other kids that there is no Tooth Fairy--that is for them to discover themselves.

No comments: